Thursday, January 10, 2013

America's Mart

It has been awhile since I posted anything design-y. Sorry about the slacker-ness. I could use the excuse that I moved to a new country, got a new job, designed a new studio to work in, hosted an open house along with my colleagues, made a trip back to Idaho to see the family.... Dang, I am tired just typing it.

But it is time to get back to work. In fact, some of us at work are headed to Atlanta to see what is new and exciting at America's Mart. Personally, I am looking to pick up a new 'Merica while I am there. The one I have is worn out and the congress stopped working about 5 years ago.
Actually, what happens there is a load of the vendors that sell furniture, lighting, home accessories, etc. come to Atlanta and show off all their new goodies.
By going to the show that means I will be privy to all the new trends, hot items and cutting edge thing-a-majigs and thus a more informed designer when I come out the other side of the event on Monday morning.

Wish me luck. I am taking some 5-hour energy with me and if I don't have a heart attack I should be able to stay awake for all four days.

p.s. There is one good thing going on this weekend, I get to catch up with my great friend and school buddy, Megan Sullivan. She is a lovely person, a great designer and she is cute as a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment