Friday, June 8, 2012

Olympia Art and Antiques Fair

Today is the opening day of the aforementioned Art and Antiques Fair. If you were one of the lucky folks to make it through the rain to the preview night you probably saw some of the lovely furniture available from Gordon Watson LTD. 

One of my favorites was this very sweet reception set. Sexy and Deco, perched elegantly on those tiny legs.
This is what I want in my sitting room for when I have Jane Russell and Robert Mitchum over for drinks. I am well aware that they are both sort of dead, but it would have been a nice party. We would have had Sazeracs.   The conversation would have been sparkling and everyone would comment on how lovely the chairs and sofa were.
If you didn't make it out to the preview night, there are lots of days left and lots of activities planned. Head over to the website and get your tickets, then get to Olympia and check it out.

If you see Jane Russell there, tell her I have a new bottle of Rye and I would love to have a chat with her over drinks. If you see Bob, tell him I said hello and he is looking good for a dead guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment